Skip to main content

My thoughts on events

When I returned to SL, I quickly learned about all of these events. They were big and shiny and some are exclusive and I wanted so badly to get good enough to get a spot in them. I really did, but my mind has changed. I will not participate in these events.

From my perspective, paying someone else for land/a spot to rez my items on someone else's land with multiple other stores is really just like renting a store at a mall, they promote it and essentially I'm paying to be there. It makes no sense to me. It really doesn't. I know it's popular but I have land and space, I have a lot of cool things going on and I just don't see the point. It may take me longer, it will in fact, for people to find me. This is true. They won't find me at the events. But, when they do find me, they'll find all of the many things I offer, not just what I can fit in a booth.

I don't mind participating in hunts, I like the occasional good hunt but this event thing, it's just not for me. So, you won't find my store at any of these events. I have started getting invites, I'm not ungrateful, it's very kind of them to offer. I just prefer the old way of visiting actual stores, seeing what all they offer and getting to know the designers/people.

House in the Sun may indeed be old-school when it comes to it's thinking but really, that's not a bad thing in this case, in my opinion. I wish the big shiny events nothing but the best. Imma be over here doing my own thing. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monthly Free Gift Is Out Now!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bondage%20Bay/122/233/42 It's a super-secret monthly gift, it will only be out for this month, next month, it's gone. Remember to wear your group tag. Tell your favorite friends, don't tell your enemies. giggles. It is your secret to share or not. It has 2somes, 3somes and more.

Free Gifts

All of the Bondage Bay free gifts are now located in a sign near the ad boards in the mall. Click it to get a menu. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bondage%20Bay/125/170/42 These gifts are accessible without a group tag. Look for this sign.